Oxymoron – (noun) a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or to make haste slowly.”
Training Starts Saturday January 24, 2015
Oxy-Gen Morons is New Mexico’s premier endurance-training group dedicated to helping our community reach athletic goals through individual coaching/mentoring, training programs, and team support. With over 25 years of combined experience, our coaches and mentors are uniquely suited to serve beginning, novice, and advanced runners, walkers, run/walkers, and triathletes.
Read on to find out how our proven fundamentals of training, sports physiology, and nutrition work for individuals who are willing to commit time and dedication to obtaining their athletic potential.
The Oxy-Gen Moron Story
A diverse running foundation coupled with an innovative spirit, influenced Jeff Peters, Oxy-Gen Moron (OGM) Running Coach, to establish the organization in November of 2011. Jeff founded OGMs to share his passion for healthy living through endurance training with members of the community.
”If I can convince people to adopt a lifestyle that includes a physical activity that elevates their heart rate and gets them moving, then I feel like I’ve been successful,” says Jeff.
Jeff has been running since the 1970′s running phenomenon and has coached over 1,000 beginner to advanced athletes. Many of Jeff’s athletes have qualified for, and later ran the Boston Marathon – every runner’s dream. Today, OGM has grown to over 100 registered athletes.
Oxy-Gen Morons (OGM), a leader providing endurance training solutions for beginner to advanced athletes, serves New Mexico’s running, run/walk and walking training needs. Our experienced coaches and mentors train a broad range of aspiring athletes, while our unique programs allow us to provide a customized experience for each athlete.
OGMs are committed to providing each participant with reliable and affordable athletic training solutions that help us:
- Recruit and retain experienced coaches/mentors that ensure a positive experience
- Build a solid athletic team that guarantees desired results for each participant
- Develop a unique strategy to attract and retain aspiring athletes to our team
- Diversify our training programs to meet individual athletic needs
Our mission is:
“To promote the health benefits, both physical and mental, that running, walking, and triathloning can provide, encourage a lifestyle change that includes running, walking, and triathlon as a way to meet fitness goals, and to provide guidance to participants to enable them to meet their maximum potential at any level of fitness and ability.”
Oxy-Gen Moron Values:
Oxy-Gen Moron’s (OGM) mission influences every aspect of our team. We are the leaders of endurance training for our community by offering the following participant values:
- Personalized coaching from over 100 years of combined athletic experience
- Access to M.D. consulting, including injury prevention
- Supplemental guidance from mentors who want you to have fun
- Individualized 8-21 week training schedules
- Three non-competitive group run, run/walk, and walk training sessions (Tue, Thur, Sat)
- Weekly e-mails to motivate you every step of the way
- Informative seminars on athletic nutrition, form, technique, injury prevention, and athletic attire
- OGM Hi-Tech Coolmax training jersey
- Low cost registration – $79.00 for run,run/walk and walk
- Opportunity to network with positive athletes of all ages and backgrounds
- Exclusive team-member discounts at participating athletic merchants
The Oxy-Gen Moron Philosophy
The Oxy-Gen Moron philosophy maintains a positive team community that fosters:
- Healthy living in New Mexico
- Athletic accountability through team involvement
- Upbeat training environment
- Integrity that nurtures participant respect
- Athletic empathy that responds to individual athletic needs
Our season will kick off on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 8:00 am at:
Peak Motion Physical Therapy – 7424 Holley Avenue NE
Training will be geared towards the following events or you can pick one of your own within the same time frame:
- Whiskey Row Marathon, May 2, 2015 - Prescott, Arizona, Utah
- Shiprock Marathon, May 2, 2015, Shiprock, New Mexico
- Colfax Marathon, May 17, 2015, Denver, Colorado
- Utah Valley Marathon, June 13, 2015, Provo, Utah
- Grandma’s Marathon, June 20, 2015, Duluth, Minnesota
- Lake Havasu Half Marathon, April 4, 2015, Lake Havasu, Arizona
- Albuquerque Half Marathon, April 18, 2015, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Valles Caldera Half Marathon, April 25, 2015, Las Alamos, New Mexico
- Shiprock Half Marathon, May 2, 2015, Shiprock, New Mexico
- Run for The Zoo Half Marathon, May 3, 2015, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Colfax Half Marathon, May 17, 2015, Denver, Colorado
- Jemez Mountain Trail Run Half Marathon, May 23, 2015, Jemez, New Mexico
- Fontana Half Marathon, June 6, 2015, Fontana, California
- Thelma & Louise Half Marathon, June 6, 2015, Moab, Utah
- Steamworks Animas Valley Half Marathon, June 13, 2015, Durango, Colorado
- Albuquerque Half Marathon – 5k/10k, April 18, 2015, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Valles Caldera 10k, April 25, 2015, Los Alamos, New Mexico
- Run for The Zoo 5k/10k, May 3, 2015, Albuquerque, New Mexico
With over 25 years of combined coaching experience and mentors to help and motivate you every step of the way, you’ll definitely be on your way towards meeting your fitness goals. Whether you’re “just off the couch” or a seasoned athlete, we have a program that fits what you want to do. If you’re looking to complete your first endurance event, establish new personal records, or qualify for the Boston Marathon, we can help. Join today and you’re on your way!
Sign up online, or attend one of the following Informational/Sign-up meetings:
- No informational meetings are scheduled this season. You can sign up on the first day of training on Saturday January 24, 2015 at Peak Motion Physical Therapy.